Sunday, February 6, 2011

How about a Quickie?

A quickie makeover, that is!   I bought these two framed pictures at the flea market last month for a quarter a piece.   Wasn't crazy about the pictures or the frame but they were in great shape and a nice size and who can beat that price?


A quick paint job and a beautiful rose print glued in and you now have this:


My original plan was to also add some cute garden sayings and other items to them but I'm liking them just the way they are; very sophisticated looking.   I think I might have to redo my bathroom just so I have a place to hang these beauties.

The rose prints are actually from some file folders I found at the thrift store last year; I'm going to be really sorry when those are all used up!

6 comments:

Granny said...

Those are really cute.

Anonymous said...

I agree- they were nothing to look at! but good for you for seeing beyond the surface beauty- I don't think I could do that!
Total bathroom makeover? Go for it! :)

Elsie said...

Debbie they do look so much better.
Good job. I bought the Flea Market
Garden magazine today and I love it. Thanks so much for sharing.
I splurged because I won't usually
spend $10 on one but this one is
really good.

vintagesue said...

oh yeah debbie!! that is my kind of craft!!! love them!!! i love to find stuff for a quarter and re do it. so fun.
just went and bought that flea market magazine. can't wait to read it!!!!! take care
sue

Kathy said...

Those are so nice.

Unknown said...

Scan in your file folders to your printer. Then you can print out copies anytime you need it for a project.