Thursday, September 2, 2010

Super-Cute Plant Markers

Check out these plant markers I made using free counter-top samples, a clothespin and some wire.  
(My totem is about 3 years old; I have it on a table on my porch because it kinda looks like a lamp.)
For the plantmarkers, I first spray-painted the little boards with black chalkboard paint (my first intention was to make the chalkboard tags like Margo does on robojunker.com but I wasn't happy with the texture mine came out with.  So next time, I'll probably just use plain black paint.)  Then I printed off the plant names and decoupaged them onto the tag with Mod-Podge.   I attached a 16-gauge wire to the clothespin and viola.  Here's a close-up.
Instant cute-ness!

Have a bloomin' day!

7 comments:

Kathy said...

Very cute! I've been looking for a quick and easy plant tag project, and I think this is it!

vintagesue said...

girl...i love those plant markers!!!! they are so clever. that totem is so cute. i can't wait to finish looking at the blog!!!! how exciting.
good luck
sue

Marlene said...

Very cute idea! Love the font too!

Linda said...

What a great plant tag idea, I will add it to my list of winter jobs to do and have some ready for next years garden.

Unknown said...

What font did you use?

Anonymous said...

Currently it seems like Wordpress is the best blogging platform available
right now. (from what I've read) Is that what you are using on your blog?
Also visit my web site - Poker

Anonymous said...

Thank you for every other informative web site. The place else may I
am getting that type of information written in such an ideal means?
I've a project that I'm simply now running on, and I've been at the glance out for such information.
my webpage :: bethesda waters