Thursday, March 17, 2011

Studio Update (ha)

Yes, I haven't blogged for awhile but with good reason.  I've been keeping a little secret and was afraid I'd let the cat out of the bag before it's time but now the time is here!  We are moving!   Yeah!!  To a bigger, nicer home!!   In fact, it's only a mile down the street but that's ok; we love the area and are happy to stay; just needed a bigger home with room to stretch.   The closing is Friday!!

This house has a full basement!!   I'm going to have my own studio down there!   Can't wait!!  (Sounds so fancy to say 'studio', doesn't it??  or maybe I'll call it my "workshop";  it will just be my crafting area but what the heck; I'm super excited!!)

Started packing up my crafting supplies and other junk; that will be first things to go over, straight to the basement and out of the way.   Look at all this and this isn't even half of it.
My family room is looking more like a storage locker.   (Speaking of: the new Storage Wars was on last night and I fell asleep after 10 minutes!  Wonder if I was snoring? ha)

I didn't sign-up for any craft shows this month or next because I knew I'd be busy and I certainly haven't had time to make anything exciting.   But hopefully it won't be much longer!   I can't wait to get all moved in and fire-up my workshop (or is it a studio?  not sure yet).  

Take care and thanks for visiting!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Great, more room to be creative, Im all for that!Good luck with the move!

Granny said...

How exciting for you. I'd love to have more room to spread out my things. I don't think creative people ever have too much space. Good luck with your move.

Lona said...

How exciting for you and congrats on the new home and move. More craft room!!

Kathy said...

I am very, very jealous! A whole basement for your crafting?? You lucky Girl! Keep us posted as you get your Girl Cave set up!

vintagesue said...

ROCK AND ROLL!!!!!!!! you will rock that new basement....i just know it!!!! congrats to you. sounds so special...and yes, you can call it a studio!!!! good luck with the move. be careful with all that lifting!!!!!!
sue

Mary-Jo said...

don't you just love to use
artsy lingo?
"Studio"
"Design"
"Make the color Pop"
I know you know what I'm talking about!
good timing on the move- just before Garage sale season is starting!!