Saturday, December 18, 2010

The Home Stretch

We are only days away from the BIG day!   How are your plans coming?   I'm still behind but somehow it will all come together.   We all went shopping together today and that didn't work at all; much better when you are split up or I'm out shopping on my lunch hour, which I plan to do this week!

Here's a cute little nest cup I made earlier this year.   I decoupaged peat pots with old hymnal pages and found the Christmas bird-pick at Hobby Lobby half-off and just stuck it in.

And what do you do when you don't have a fireplace mantel for your stockings??  I found heavy-duty magnets with hooks and stuck them to the back of our front door (which is steel) along with our count-down Santa.   Really adds some color to our otherwise boring door.

And of course now that the craft shows are over, my head is spinning with all kinds of garden-related Christmas ornaments and decor!   I definitely need to write them down and hope to find all kinds of supplies after Christmas on clearance!!   I'll keep you posted on my progress.

Well, hope your final plans and shopping are coming together!  If not, just make the best of it and don't let it stress you!   They don't call it "hustle and bustle" for nothing!






1 comment:

vintagesue said...

hi debbie...am i ready for christmas? not even. i'm in denial completely. i am trying not to stress this holiday and so far...i have been doing great.
i didn't have a fireplace mantel for a very, very long time!!! i grew up w/out one too. we just hung our stockings on the knobs of our family piano. you do what ya gotta do. i have just a fond memories of that vs. a mantel!! love your door idea. i think it's great.
hang in there and write down all those ideas!! you should find some major bargains at the craft stores very soon.
good luck and merry christmas...
sue