Thursday, December 2, 2010

Super-Easy Candle Hurricane Craft!

OK, This is so simple, yet it looks so elegant when finished!   That's the best kind of craft, right??   You start with a plain glass hurricane (purchased at the dollar store for............$1.00!).  



Then you cut lace to fit around it (lace from an old lace curtain purchased at the thrift store for..............99 cents!) and mod-podge it onto the glass.   I also stippled the glue thru the lace on the outside to help it stick (gets a little messy).   Once dry, wrap it with a ribbon and old key.
Looks really pretty with the candle burning inside!!  You might also try those new flameless candles.

I've also wrapped some in old sheet music and they look great too!  (But forgot to take pictures before I downloaded.)   I'll have these all for sale at the show this Saturday and I'll take pictures then.

And don't forget to enter my giveaway on the post below!!   I've got lots of extra craft items just itchin' to get mailed to a lucky winner, which will be drawn on December 6, so there's still time to enter!   Just leave a comment on the giveaway post below - that's it!

December is here and it was snowing today!
Thanks for visiting!

Debbie

5 comments:

sunnyca said...

Looks very inviting!! Lace gives it a "antique lighting effect"! Soft glow to warm any room! Thanks for telling how you did it.

Granny said...

That is very pretty. I like the way the candle light shows through the lace. I burn candles every evening in the winter and that is a safe and pretty way to burn them. Thanks for the info.

Linda said...

love your idea

Deb said...

Your glass hurricane idea is gorgeous! I picked up 2 huge glass hurricane's a few weeks ago at our local Dollar store filled them with cranberries and added a large block candles for the dining room side board :-)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful and very creative.

Amy :)