Saturday, January 29, 2011

Blue Birdbath for Spring!

When I found this beautiful blue plate, I knew it was perfect for a birdbath. Here it is, all ready for spring!    We actually had some sunshine last weekend, so I took it out in the snow and quickly snapped some pictures.
I love how the blue really contrasts with the bright, white snow; but I'm definitely not keeping this outside in the winter for fear the top dish might crack.

Here's another one, slightly different with a ceramic plate for the top; more of a plantstand or sidetable since I doubt it would hold much water.


This weekend the sun is nowhere to be found.   It's very dreary, cloudy and cold!  Yuck!  I'm really anxious for January to be over; such a long, cold month!   These are the months I really envy those in warmer climates who can play in their yard pretty much all year!   You know who you are!! (smile!)

5 comments:

Linda said...

I love your birdbath totem. I'm sure you can't wait for nice weather to put it into your garden.

Helen said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Elsie said...

Very pretty blue birdbath, maybe one day you'll get sun to stay.
Its raining here, but we did
have one beautiful day. I guess
one every once in while is all
we'll get.

mjowest said...

LOVE them!!
stay warm!

Unknown said...

What kind of glue do you use? I use E-6000 for my tea cup bird feeders but always worried about them coming apart.