Sunday, January 9, 2011

I've Got the Craft Blues

Ha!  (didn't Kraft mac-n-cheese do a commercial about having the blues?)  But seriously, for some reason I've temporarily lost my crafting mo-jo.   I'm bummed.   I'm not sure if it's the usual post-holiday wind-down or the winter doldrums but I just can't seem to get into the crafting mode lately.

It might be the usual purging and organizing that comes this time of year and maybe subconsciously I don't want to mess anything up or get anything out.

I've even forced myself (that makes me laugh just saying it!) to go thru a few thrift stores and we even walked thru a local flea market today; I brought home a few finds but nothing spectacular or anything that has me excited about a new project.

Even tea-stained a few things the other night, thinking that would get the juicies flowing but not quite.



What about you?   What do you do to get or keep crafting??   I'm sure this will pass but I am really anxious to start on a few projects again; just can't seem to get off the couch and out of my snuggie.   (A-HA!   Must get rid of the Snuggie!!  That is one time-stealing, lazy-butt invention!   Please!   It's a bathrobe worn backwards! ha)

On a different note, I have been tagged twice recently by two of my blogging-buddies (Vintage Sue and Sue of Junk-It Junction who lives in Australia!).   Thanks Girls!!  I'll get to working on that this week and maybe that will give my brain something to do other than be down&out with this dumb craft-block.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been wondering where you are!
thought maybe the flu had hit your home-
Just go through your crafting goodies-
de clutter, get rid of the project you've had for two years, but know you're not going to do it!
Seeing some items that you haven't seen in a while, may get you going.
but even if you don't, You have it in your blood- don't worry! It will come back!
Meanwhile, do the other home projects you've been putting off- clean the ceiling fan, baseboards and outlets- you will want to craft soon enough! :)

vintagesue said...

oh my gosh debbie....i totally can't focus at all on anything this time of the year!!! i just eat and eat and raise my cholesterol and yell at kids because i'm too lazy to take my thrift store cotton blankets off my lazy body that rests on my ikea couch!!
the funny thing...i sure do want to spend money and buy stuff (trust me. i don't have the cash), but i just can't seem to craft with it either!!! you are so not alone!!!
guess it's cheers to us for our hibernation. hahaha. oh...and the overwhelming thought of dragging it all out and then cleaning it up is too much this time of year with kids at home and snow days!!!
hang in there!! we are peas in a crafting blues pod!
sue