Wednesday, May 2, 2012

2nd Mason Jar Craft, As Promised!

So after seeing the prices of old burlap bags, I decided to just buy a few yards at the store.  And let me tell you; working with burlap has it's challenges!   First, it keeps wanting to shift on you, then don't get me started with all the dust & remnants it leaves behind.   
But I'm so pleased with the finished product, I suppose it's all worth it.

First I cut the burlap into strips, then squares, then sewed up the sides.   (Why do I have such a hard time with the sewing machine?   I used to tell people all I could sew was straight lines but now I'm even wondering about that!   And my sewing machine is always giving me fits; constantly de-threading itself when I get started.   For those of you that sew, why is that?   What am I doing wrong?)

Well anyway, here's several little "bags" I finally got sewed up and am ready to sew on the straps.



Here's one with the lacy strap sewed on.  



I then hot-glued some old jewelry pieces on for some 'bling'.    These are just the right size for a mason jar full of fresh-picked blooms.   (or in this case, faux ones! ha)



Look how cute they are, displayed on this old window screen.


I'm really liking these.   They would also look cute on a door-knob, a wall hook, and really cute on a fence post or maybe on a gate in the garden?   




Now I need your help coming up with a name for them.   I was thinking burlap cozies?   (like cozies for your drinks?)  or mason jar huggies?    What do you think?  

Here's another quick project:   I turned-up the handle of an old kitchen utensil and attached it to a small piece of lattice.   So cute!   (and yes, those pansies are fake too!  Maybe I'll have to find some real ones for my next sale this Sunday; real ones would probably look better, right? ha)

Well, thanks so much for visiting!! and don't forget; I need those name suggestions!   If your suggestion gets picked, you win a prize!

8 comments:

Laurel@ChippingwithCharm said...

Really cute...I like the name "Burlap Cozies":) Good luck at your sale! Laurel

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Those are really cute. I like burlap cozies too!

Dee

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

Very cute and easy too. Thanks for linking up.

Korrie@RedHenHome said...

These are SO cute! "Burlap Cozies" has my vote!

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Oh my goodness I LOVE those sweet burlap bags and I LOVE them hanging on the old window screen!!
How darling!!!

Spittin-Toad said...

Very cute...I pinned it for all to see. :)
Denise

Cyndee @ Restyled Junk said...

I love them! Especially the way they are displayed on the window screen. I have plenty of old canning jars. so I must give this a try!

TinaTx said...

Whatever you call them, those are cute!