Monday, September 27, 2010

Glass Overload

My name is Debbie and I'm addicted to glass.   My family is threatening to kick me to the curb if I don't 'curb' my glass & thrift store addiction; sssooooooo, I've been bringing home boxes from work and have promised to fill at least two boxes per week and get rid of it until the house actually looks like a house again.
This is a corner of the family room; looks more like an Anchor Hocking clearance bin.
We don't have a big house by any means and no basement; so I've tucked away pieces under end tables, in closets, under beds, was even storing a few boxes in a shower we don't use often!  (And kept the shower curtain closed of course! ha)

 Yes, I'll be the first to admit, it's gotten a little out of control.  I've got lots of pieces I bought just because the price was excellent and I THOUGHT they'd work good in totems or plantstands but they don't, so time to get rid of them.
I have made good progress already.  You'll be proud to hear yesterday I actually TOOK three boxes of glass and two bags of other stuff TO the Thrift Store; some still had the TS prices on them!   It did feel a little weird to walk out of the store without even walking around to see what they had but I did it (maybe also because Rick was waiting for me with the car running at the curb).

Wish me Luck!

Debbie

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Oh Debbie, I can so totally relate! Totem fever hit me, hard, a few years back, and I had glass EVERYWHERE! Like you said, not every piece works in a totem, but if you hang on to it, eventually you'll find the perfect pieces it will work with, right? LOL, I still have my glass, but it's packed away... I'm scared to release the monster...

vintagesue said...

oh debbie...i do the same thing with plates...stack them here and there and everywhere...like a dr. suess book or something. in a box and with a fox my plate are!! lol. i am with you!! you totems are so wonderful though. it's hard to downsize when you are good a making something...
good luck!! i battle those thrift store demons everyday. i get it. i do!!!
take it easy....
sue